List Of Interesting College Art History Research Paper Topics
Art has been a part of human civilization since the days of the first cave dwellers and maybe even before then. Collectors have been known to pay fortunes for a single piece and one can understand why when they value some of the more famous pieces. Our history is also closely tied to many pieces of art and they continue providing many clues to our early existence.
When conducting any research, the topic is just as important as the content and one should always place some thought into its selection. The following is a list of interesting college art history research paper topics for your consideration:
- How has fighting and human glory contributed to art throughout history.
- Art in motion picture versus paintings and sculptures of long ago.
- Portraits of single persons and their value to society.
- Why is nature not more common in great masterpieces compared to the occurrence of humans and faces?
- The contribution of the newly discovered western world to our modern art collections.
- What role did paintings play in the societies of ancient civilizations?
- Why so many paintings depict great leaders compared to other persons.
- What were the main inspirations for great artists during the service for the great leaders of their times?
- The value of paintings when they were created compared to what they are now.
- The great cathedrals and the inspiration that guided their design.
- The leaning tower of Pisa, a mistake or art?
- The presence of art in society and its connection to the prosperity of a nation.
- How the Renaissance period changed the world of art and the world itself as a result.
- The real vikings versus their depictions in classical art and drama. How art can not always be trusted.
- The most talented artists of the 15th century and their contribution to the art movement.
- The effect that the tools available to the artist can have on their ability to create great pieces.
- Is there any artistic value in the devices and experiments conducted by the earliest scientists of the 16th century?
- How the Colosseum was created and evolved throughout history to what it is today.
- The challenges faced by early artists as a result of pressures from society to be a professional of a more respectable discipline.
- The value of American art versus that of European art forms and why?